Although we've taken many steps to avoid them, there are a few things which can issues while enrolling. We will outline all the potential causes and solutions here for you. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick support if you are stuck.
1. You are receiving a generic error during enrollment
In 99% of cases, if there is a problem with your enrollment form, the system will tell you what the problem is, and offer a solution. Sometimes, it can't.
Generally, re-starting your enrollment is all you need to get around this. The best way to do this is to close the enrollment, and right-click the link in your email from Simply Benefits. Then select "Open in incognito" or "Open in inPrivate" - this will throw out all your previously entered information to avoid the problem reoccurring. When in doubt, you can give us a call or email email@example.com....
If that doesn't work, and you are seeing the "Something went wrong" error, disable any VPN's you might have on your network, or if you are unsure, try from a different internet connection and see if the problem continues.
Tip: Try to use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for your enrollment - these browsers have the latest technology and are more compatible with our system.
2. The link you used to start your enrollment is not the link that was sent directly to you.
When it's time to enroll, you will receive a unique email sent directly to you. That link is the ONLY link you can use to enroll for your benefits plan. That means nobody else can share or forward their link for you. If you didn't receive an email for enrollment, see this help article.
3. The computer/device you are using to enroll was already used to enroll another Member.
Simply Benefits employs various levels of verification as part of the enrollment process to ensure you are protected. One part of this involves saving temporary internet files to your device during and after enrollment. This has the side-effect of causing issues for future enrollments on that same computer/device.
The workaround is easy,:
- Open an "Incognito" or "InPrivate" window in your internet browser. The easiest way to do this is to open Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge (your preferred internet browser) and then on your keyboard type and hold down Ctrl-Shift-N. This will open a new, private window.
- Go back to your "Welcome to Simply Benefits" email we sent you for enrollment, and right-click on the Sign Up button, and select "Copy Link Address". You may have the option to "Open link in incognito window". If so, click that and skip step 3.
- Paste the link in your newly opened private/incognito window and continue your enrollment.