Simply Benefits follows the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Associations recommendations for claims receipts. This helps ensure receipts are consistently formatted by your health providers, and provides us with enough information to settle your claim.
According to the CLHIA, receipts should include:
- Receipt Date (typically formatted YYYY/MM/DD)
- Date of Service/ Supply
- Amount paid by any other party (reason must be given)
- Provider name
- Clinic name
- Provider address (if treatment provided at a diff address i.e customer home – both addresses to be provided)
- Provider phone number
- Provider identification number, designation or credentials
- Patient name
- Type of service/supply provided (clearly identified if initial or subsequent visit). If medical supply then make and model number (if applicable) are to be provided, and the description should also indicate if the equipment is initial or replacement
- Quantity provided
- Length of treatment if applicable (must indicate 45/60/90 mins etc)
- Charge amount (clearly show ($) immediately before charge amount)
These recommendations are widely enforced by Simply Benefits. We will reach out to you if there are any concerns or gaps with a provided receipt, and work with you to quickly get the claim settled.