If you are a dependent, you may have been assigned a login when the Primary Member who you are insured under signed up. If you have an account, you will have received an email from Simply Benefits (email@example.com) with the subject "Welcome to Simply Benefits". If you did not receive this email, then the Primary Member did not create a login for you. They will need to submit claims on your behalf.
Note: If the Primary Member is sure they created a login for you, it's possible that the Welcome Email hasn't arrived because they mistyped your email address. You need to contact Simply Benefits support or your Plan Administrator to check if an email was correctly entered.
As a logged-in dependent, you have the ability to do the following:
- View your own claims history (not that of other Dependents or the Primary Member)
- View your own claims usage and remaining balances
- View your plan coverage and look up what you're covered for
- View and Print your MyCard (Benefits card)
- View your Employee and Family Assistance coverage
- Contact Support
- Change your account password
Dependent users cannot:
- Submit claims for other dependents, or the primary member
- View or request information about other dependent, or the primary member
- Change contact information such as address, email or phone numbers
But what if I (the dependent) am the one who actually handles all the claims in the household?
We recognize that sometimes the Primary Member is not the member of the household who handles all of the claims, despite being the primary insured person. In these situations, it may be appropriate for them to share their login with you so that you can act on behalf of that person. It's important you only ever share login information with someone you trust.