If you're looking to submit a Lifestyle Spending Account (LSA) claim, follow these steps:
1. First, click the “Spending Accounts” button on your left-hand side navigation.
2. Then, click the “Plus” button, and select “Lifestyle”.
3. Begin by selecting the patient.
Note: This is the individual that received the item or service.
4. Next, select the category.
Note: Your employer will choose what categories will be included in your plan, so these options may vary.
5. Click on the checkbox to confirm the acknowledgement.
6. Once all the information is completed, click the “Next” button to continue.
7. Next, click the “Select Photo” button and upload a copy of your receipt.
Note: On the app, you can also upload a photo of your receipt in real-time by selecting the "Take a Photo" button.
8. Then, click the “Next” button to continue.
9. If you have any supporting documents, such as a doctor's note, you can click the “select photo” and upload an image of the document.
Note: In most cases, you can skip this step by clicking the “next button”.
10. Then, type in the amount of the claim, and date purchased and click the “Next” button.
11. Once you finish reviewing all the claim details and you’re ready to submit, click the “Submit” button.
Important Note: Your LSA is a taxable benefit, meaning that at the end of the year, the total amount spent will count as "income earned" towards your taxes. Example: If you make a total of $75,000 a year, and you spend $500 of your LSA, you will have to account for making a total of $75,500 in that year when completing your taxes. Ask HR if you have any questions.
To learn how to submit an LSA claim, you can also watch the video below: