To submit a Health Spending Account (HSA) claim, follow these steps:
1. First, click the “Spending Accounts” button on your left-hand side navigation.
2. Then, click the “plus” button, and select “Health”.
3. Begin by selecting the patient.
Note: This is the individual who received the item or service.
4. Next, select the category.
Note: Depending on your plan this could be Drugs, Dental, Health, Paramedical, or Vision.
5. Next, select the service type.
Note: This will also range depending on what’s included in your plan but could be Speech Therapy, Physiotherapy, Massage, or Chiropractor.
6. Click on the checkbox to confirm the acknowledgment.
7. Once all the information is completed, click the “Next” button to continue.
8. Next, click the “Select Photo” button and upload a copy of your receipt.
Note: You can also click the "Take a Photo" button from the app to upload an image of the receipt in real-time.
9. Then, click the “Next” button to continue.
10. If you have any supporting documents, such as a doctor's note, you can click the “select photo” and upload an image of the document. You can continue, or skip this step by clicking the “next button”.
Note: In most cases, you can skip this step.
11. Then, type in the amount and date of claim, and click the “Next” button.
12. Once you have finished reviewing all the claim details and you’re ready to submit, click the “Submit” button.
Important Note: If you have a health plan along with an HSA, you must submit all your claims through the "Claims" section first. You can only submit claims through your HSA if you are topping off a service, maxed out your benefit, or do not have a supporting health plan.
To learn how to submit an HSA claim, you can also watch the video below: